RainBox Gaming | CSGO Retakes
RainBoxGaming, rainboxgaming, rainbox gaming, International Gaming Network, Counter Strike: Global Offensive, ESEA, CSGO, CEVO, Rainbox, Gaming, Rainbow, Rain Gaming, RainBox, RAINBOX, Gaming, Network, Clan, Guild, Rust, Server, Retakes, teamspeaks, VIP, !vip, CSGO, RETAKES, WHIFFCITY, SPLEWIS
Due to a recent poll on the forum being so popular we have decided to remove Inferno from the mapcycle on our retake servers. The change will take effect as the servers update, change map and restart so it may be a short while before all servers stop putting inferno in the map cycle.
With the change we are also looking at the possibility of having a vote each month so one community map will enter the mapcycle each month also, this will give our players the much needed fresh air and enjoyment that a new, unknown map will automatically bring the community.
Before this is implemented however we are currently looking at ways to "skip" the map if the majority of the players on each server deem necessary, for this we will most likely be bring in a RTV, rock the vote, for our VIP players.
- Team stickers, stickers autographed by professional CS:GO players, and all-new team graffiti are available for purchase in-game and from the Steam Community Market, with 50% of the proceeds going to players and organizations. For more details, visit http://www.counter-strike.net/pickem/atlanta2017
- Team stickers can be used as game pieces for the Atlanta 2017 Team Pick’Em Challenge.
- Group stage picks can be made immediately, Playoff picks can be made when the group stage has completed.
- Group stage picks lock at the start of the group stage matches.
- Playoff picks lock at the start of the first Playoff matches.
- Players killed during grenade-throwing animation will no longer drop a duplicate grenade if that grenade has already been thrown.
- func_breakables will no longer make noise when hits deal no damage.
- Added a server setting sv_steamauth_enforce to allow tournament organizers for LAN events to delay player kick due to No Steam Logon client issue until the end of a live round when tournament match will automatically pause and a round backup with all correct information will be saved for reconnect.
- Lowered volume of bullet-bys and bullet impacts.
- Changed default weapon near/far crossfade max distance so that a slight perceived volume bump doesn’t happen at crossfade junctions.
- Also lowered volume of distant weapons slightly to address the same issue.
- Slightly increased the min distance of the falloff so that 3rd parties can hear max volume at about 1m away from shooter.
- Increased the input curve amount so that rate of volume decay over distance is more pronounced.
- Added descriptions to many mixer groups.
- Fixed various...
Over the past few days we have hit a monumental and quite spectacular milestone, now over 500,000, yes over HALF A MILLION players have now played on RainBox Gaming.
This milestone is one that I don't think any of us thought was on the cards when I started RainBox Gaming many many moons ago. From the very start we have put the community we started first, offering only the best plugins as well as finding unique ones that bring our users coming back for more on a daily basis. Everyone likes numbers so here are some;
As of this post the current total is 510,079 players, every 24hrs we have around 4000 players playing on RainBox and of those around 850 players are new to RainBox. Everyone together has racked up a pretty impressive 20,847,368 kills (+47,848 last 24h) with 10,196,101 headshots (48.91%)
Now to VIPs... we currently have a pretty impressive 1280 VIP members here at RainBox Gaming who each support RainBox Gaming in keeping our gameservers online every month! Without these special members in our community RainBox would not be where we are today! A big aim for me is to keep our VIPs happy so I will continue to add new features and benefits when necessary without compromising the stability of RainBox Gaming's servers.
Our gamesevers have been the go to place for an ever increasing number of pro players and teams to practise on, something I am proud of achieving and welcome with warm arms in giving them VIP on our servers. Going forward our gameservers will continue to be the best quality out there because they are only hosted on the best networks with our no compromise approach to setting up any new servers...
We are excited to announce that our new KZ server is now online! The server uses the official KZTimer maps and is connected to the global database. This means that you can compete against the world record times and even set your own on our servers!
Thanks to Seanders for setting it up!
Connect now: 126.96.36.199:27050
Hello, on November 28 2016, an update for CSGO was released that caused all of our servers to break.
Some functions still work as others are not. We are aware of this and will be taking DOWN servers until we can fix these problems. We am sorry for the inconvenience and we hope the servers will be back up shortly.
The problem persists with Sourcemod itself, it would appear every community server that needs sdhooks.ext for any plugin is going to struggle.
EDIT: Servers now back online.
Thank you for your patience,
Rainbox Administrative Team
To further our growth, two new servers have been added in the heart of Amsterdam, Netherlands. The new servers are TIER-3 standard compliant, giving everyone the best experience possible.
The servers have seen tremendous use already, despite the lack of formal announcement. If you wish to contribute to keeping our servers online and assisting our expansion, please consider purchasing VIP; one new VIP can keep a server online for a month.
NL #2 188.8.131.52:27015
Two weeks ago I made the decision to massively alter the administration setup here at RainBox Gaming. The changes were to rectify the possibility of abuse of power and to alter the permissions some of our admins had received which went above and beyond what I believe they should of had. I did these changes behind everyones back, bar two admins, because I needed help to make these changes both on the servers and on the website quickly without alarming anyone as to what was going on. This was to stop the abuse of power from taking place half way through the amendments. This inevitably was the downfall in my plan. I should of kept the higher ranked admins informed as to my decision, but I didn't.
Not at any stage was I looking at removing full admin rights to any players immediately and nor was I trying to throw away the hard work that any one had ever done for me. I truly appreciate the great effort our team does both online and offline for the benefit of RainBox Gaming. Thank you. I was simply resolving an issue I knew had escalated out of control and needed to be fixed it immediately.
Shortly after the amendments had been made, a lot of the admins and players found out and a storm soon brewed up. This was mostly towards the fact that I had not kept the higher ranked admins informed of this change. Again I admit it was wrong to not keep them in the loop, but at the time it was to protect the core of RainBox Gaming in quick fasion.
Ultimately, the amendment...
We have now completed the phase of adding the new Inferno (infernew) onto our retake servers. Although the new map isn't officially in the Valve active map pool we know it will get added soon as it is a classic map to the Counter Strike franchise. We have also added brand new custom spawns, thanks to B3none, JP for the help in adding the new spawns, if you have any problems or find any spawns awkward let the team know and we can get them changed.
We have featured the map twice on our mapcycle for a short period to get the map played and everyone familiar with it.
I hope you enjoy you the new map let us know
See you on the servers!
Today we have enabled our old Raffle system we used previously and with it we are offering a cash prize of £100 to be won in our new cash draw. We have opened up Raffles again to help keep RainBox Gaming online and by entering you will be continuing to do your bit to help us stay online and also have a chance of winning a big prize draw.
The draw will be automatically be made when 200 tickets have been purchased, the system will choose (at random) 1 lucky winner who will be sent their winnings of £100 via PayPal within 24 hours of the draw closing.
To enter you must have posted at least one message on the forum.
Enter and find out more details about the draw on the raffle draw page linked below
To purchase a raffle ticket (credit) follow 1 of the simple steps below;
- Whilst logged in on the website click on the top right of your screen on Credit.
- Then click Buy Credits (http://rainboxgaming.com/index.php?payment-paypal/)
- On the raffle page you will see the following message, simple click it to take you to the credit purchase page. (*** You do not have enough raffle tickets to enter this raffle. ***
CLICK HERE TO GET MORE RAFFLE TICKETS)
As some of you may be aware yesterday there was a major update for CSGO bringing in a new graffiti aspect to the game just like it was back in 1.6. Now this is a fantastic update which Valve will make a lot of money on no doubt. But just like every CSGO update as of late it has caused further problems for the community due to us now having to await a patch.
What happened is a few aspects of Sourcemod, that is the backbone of RainBox and runs on all our servers, clashes with bits of the new update which causes our servers to crash. Now there is a new patch out but i happen to be at work so will not be able to get them fixed until a bit later on.
I will try and get them updated in the mean time whilst at work someway or another but i do apologise about the downtime of our servers on our busiest day.